If you’re like me, you’ve been searching for an alternative to giving away gobs of sugar and candy to trick or treaters on Halloween. And, like me, you probably also have a significant other who thinks you’re crazy. I have a very good reason for wanting to give away toys instead of candy though:
- The kids will get PLENTY of candy from other houses
- Toys last longer than candy and keep the Halloween fun going for weeks
- I won’t be tempted to eat the leftovers… you know, the candy left in the bowl in between knocks on the door 😉
- I can save the leftovers for next year without worrying that they will go bad (or get eaten before Thanksgiving)
- A lot of parents will be happy to see one less piece of candy in their child’s trick or treat bag
Candy-free Halloween treat ideas
So, now that you know all the reasons FOR handing out toys instead of candy, just where can you find a bunch of toys to give out? Amazon.com of course! Check out these low cost items I found (click on the image to go to the item on Amazon.com):
Other great candy-free Halloween treat ideas
There are plenty of other ideas on the internet for alternatives to candy on Halloween. Here are a couple of my favorites.
- Pimp My Dinner suggests Jack-O-Lantern orange cups (you could also draw directly on a fresh mandarin orange)
- The Idea Room has a tutorial on cute Halloween Playdough
- Listoic has a list of 64 non-candy Halloween party snack ideas
Like this post? Be sure to subscribe to WikiPamela so you never miss a thing.
Photo by Miranda Granche is licensed under CC BY 2.0