It’s that time of year when pumpkin flavored goodies are all around us, from pumpkin bread to pumpkin pie, and even pumpkin drinks. And unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably seen the controversy stirred up by Food Babe about everyone’s favorite pumpkin drink, the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL).
So, if you’ve been looking to make your own PSL because Food Babe turned you off from the Starbucks one or you just want to save some money, I have an easy peasy recipe for you. There’s still no actual pumpkin in this recipe (so please don’t come after me Food Babe), but who want’s pumpkin puree in their coffee anyway?
Pumpkin Spice Syrup Recipe
- Mix together the sugar and water in a large microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave for 2 minutes more or until sugar is completely dissolved
- Stir in the pumpkin spice and vanilla extract while the mixture is still hot
- Pour into a mason jar and store in fridge
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Here’s how I make my latte in the morning.
- Put two tablespoons of the syrup into a large coffee cup (I like these 20 oz. mugs) and fill the cup half way with soy milk (use more or less syrup depending on taste)
- Microwave milk and syrup until it’s hot (about 1 minute)
- Fill the rest of the cup up with coffee (I like my breakfast blend made in a french press)
- Stir and enjoy!
Like this post? Be sure to subscribe to WikiPamela so you never miss a thing.
Photo by PoYang_博仰 is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0