Mexican street corn is the perfect side dish for any summer meal. But who has the time to stand at a stove while they shuck, boil, and char their corn? Let your Instant Pot do the work for you with this easy-to-follow recipe. In just 5 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cook time, you’ll have a delicious, crowd-pleasing side dish ready to serve.
- 4 small frozen ears of corn
- ¼ cup vegan yogurt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- cashew parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- lime juice (for garnish)
- Cut the husks off of your ears of corn and discard them. Place a steamer rack in the bottom of your Instant Pot and add the 4 ears of corn, pour 1 cup water on top. Secure the lid and set to manual high pressure for 3 minutes. When done cooking, manually release the pressure as soon as possible by turning the valve from “sealing” to “venting” and allow all steam to escape before unlocking the lid.
- While the corn is cooking mix all the ingredients from yogurt through salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Once cooked, carefully remove each ear of corn from the pot using tongs or a slotted spoon and place them onto a plate lined with paper towels to dry off any excess moisture. The Instant Pot will continue cooking if left inside so it’s important that you transfer them immediately!
- While still warm, brush each ear with a generous helping of the spiced yogurt and sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese, and cilantro then squeeze some lime over top. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Who says you can’t enjoy Mexican street corn without having to fire up a grill or stand over a hot stove? This easy-to-follow recipe will have you enjoying classic Mexican flavors in no time at all–even if you’re short on time but still want something that tastes amazing! So break out your pressure cooker and get cooking; you won’t regret it!