Need a delicious, healthy dinner that you can make in a pinch? Look no further than this easy Instant Pot Split Pea Soup recipe! This soup is packed with flavor and ready in no time – it’s perfect for busy people who want a fast and tasty meal. So grab your Instant Pot, gather your ingredients, and get ready to enjoy the best split pea soup of your life!
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 6 small potatoes cubed
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 cups dried green split peas
- 1 tbsp better than bouillon
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- Dice the onion, carrots, celery and potatoes into bite sized pieces. (Make sure to wash the carrots, celery, and potatoes first.)
- Place all ingredients into the Instant Pot and stir well. Secure the lid on top of the pot and make sure the steam release valve is closed. Select “Manual” mode and set timer for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before opening lid.
- Once cooked through, use an immersion blender to blend soup to desired consistency.
- Season soup with salt & pepper as desired. Serve hot with crusty bread or crackers.
- This soup also freezes beautifully – just be sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Whether you need a quick dinner after work or an easy lunch on the go, this Instant Pot Split Pea Soup will hit the spot every time! Not only is it delicious and full of flavor – it’s also incredibly healthy! Plus, with just 10 minutes of cook time in your Instant Pot you can have dinner on the table faster than ever before. So grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy one of the easiest – and tastiest – soups around! Bon appetit!